Ivanti, the company that unifies IT to better manage and secure the digital workplace, today announced continued momentum within higher education with several additions to its customer portfolio in the UK Higher Education sector, namely The University of Cambridge, Kingston University London and The University of Glasgow. Ivanti is now proud to work with over thirty educational institutions in the UK, including Leeds Beckett University and The University of Oxford who are long-term Ivanti customers.
Every educational institution is unique, so the way that internal IT and cybersecurity are managed varies hugely. Some take a centralised approach, while others are driven by each department or college’s needs. Many customers cited a primary reason for choosing Ivanti over other vendors as Ivanti’s ability to provide flexible solutions and automated workflows that help with current projects and enable future growth. Many are also drawn in by Ivanti’s Unified IT proposition which has been shown to vastly improve customer visibility and efficiency and reduces problems associated with vendor incompatibility.
Ivanti’s Unified IT and Security offerings are being embraced in numerous ways by its diverse customer base in the UK Higher Education sector. Examples of new and existing customers include:
- Kingston University London is embracing Unified IT to improve efficiency and security. It is using the Ivanti® Enterprise License Agreement (ELA), which is a cost effective way to purchase multiple Ivanti products, all of which are seamlessly integrated. Kingston University London is using IT Service Management (ITSM), User Workspace Tools and Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) from Ivanti to deliver a truly digital workplace.
- The University of Glasgow is currently implementing Ivanti® Service Manager so as to move all 27,800 students and 7,700 staff onto one service desk. This will provide all roles and departments with the unique settings and tools that they require (e.g., students and staff will have tailored views of service offerings and knowledge articles), all from one, centralised system.
- The University of Cambridge has been using Ivanti® Service Manager since 2015 to unify the university’s two independent IT support divisions into one University Information Services (UIS) department with 300 staff. The UIS department supports 20,000 end users, with expansion capabilities so as to support the University’s 65,000 staff, alumni as well as visiting researchers and students. The University has now also automated 100 service requests, so that users can serve themselves seamlessly.
- Leeds Beckett University is working with Ivanti on a Unified Service Delivery Model. The Model will used standardised ITIL processes and a shared ITSM solution to provide a single point of contact for users of IT services in order to improve communications, the effective turnaround of incidents and service requests, customer service and decision making.
- The University of Oxford has been using Ivanti® Service Manager for over five years. It selected the solution to merge three separate IT departments into one central IT Service. Ivanti’s solution was chosen because of its flexibility, maturity and the fact that it can work in the cloud. The University of Oxford went on to advise the University of Cambridge to use Ivanti for Cambridge’s own consolidation work.
“Higher Education institutions are incredibly complex environments which face multiple challenges, including providing a high quality experience to a very fluid user base and protecting a vast amount of personal data,” said Simon Townsend, CTO – EMEA at Ivanti. “It really is fantastic that so many universities are using our solutions to better manage their unique environments, and we look forward to even more embracing the power of Unified IT.”
Mark Temple, IT Service Project Manager at the University of Glasgow, said, “The University of Glasgow chose Ivanti® Service Manager as we were looking for a system with a lot of flexibility to cater to our diverse user base, whilst having water tight data security at the same time. We’re looking forward to using Ivanti to further transform digitally and can’t wait to find out more about their AI self-service chat bot.
You can find out more about Ivanti’s solutions for Higher Education here: https://www.ivanti.co.uk/solutions/industry/higher-education
Ivanti: The Power of Unified IT.
Ivanti unifies IT and Security Operations to better manage and secure the digital workplace. From PCs to mobile devices, VDI, and the data center, Ivanti discovers IT assets on-premises and in the cloud, improves IT service delivery, and reduces risk with insights and automation. The company also helps organizations leverage modern technology in the warehouse and across the supply chain to improve delivery without modifying backend systems. Ivanti is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and has offices all over the world. For more information, visit www.ivanti.com and follow @GoIvanti.
Ivanti is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and has offices all over the world. For more information, visit www.ivanti.com and follow @GoIvanti.