3 Impacts of Remote Work on IT
A global pandemic hits and almost overnight, kitchen tables became desks and bedrooms became conference rooms, and IT had to make it all work.
In our latest survey of over 1,600 IT professionals we found that 93% of respondents reported an increase in remote work in their business – not surprising really, given the current situation.
We wanted to understand how this increase in remote working has affected the IT teams, and share some of this useful information with you – you are not alone!
Here are 3 major impacts of the transition to remote work:
1: 37% Increase in overall workload
To cope with the shift to remote work, IT professionals had to do the following;
- 70% provided VPN access to more employees than ever before
- 54% sourced, set up and distributed extra devices
- 53% created more “how to” knowledge articles
2. 66% Reported an increase in security issues
Security issues are rising in a remote environment. The top issues include:
- 58% saw an increase in malicious emails received
- 45% saw an increase in non-compliant, risky employee behaviour
- 31% saw an increase in software vulnerabilities
3. 39% Increase in Incidents and Requests
Of this increase, the top incidents and requests submitted include:
79% - VPN Issues
56% Video conferencing
48% Bandwidth constraints
47% Password resets
47% Messaging issues
45% File and data access problems
Whether you are itching to get back in the office, or love working near your family, pets and fridge, we expect a blend of both home working and remote working in the future. Read the survey report to learn more about the impact of an expanded remote workforce and how you can be an IT hero to manage and protect your IT infrastructure and support your end-users.